Tuesday, June 03, 2008

denver calling

I've got the travel bug again. My friend and I are planning a trip to Boston in August for the APA convention. We've booked our flights, we've got a hotel room for a few nights with another classmate, then we're going to stay a couple of extra days to sightsee, hopefully couch surf with some cool person(s) or stay in a hostel downtown. I'm really excited, both about the convention, and seeing a great city that I haven't yet visited.

But the travel bug is one not easily satisfied. Am I content to wait until August for some adventure in an unfamiliar city? No! In looking for flights to Boston, I discovered that Fourth of July weekend (when I have a day off), I could fly from Austin to Denver for only around $200-$230 dollars. I started dreaming and scheming. I have a classmate who's in Denver for the summer, so I could stay with him a night or two and sightsee around Denver. Then, I could take a bus to Boulder, and hopefully couchsurf with someone, and spend a couple of days hiking in the mountains.

Oh man, this is very tempting. I've never been to Denver or Boulder, and I've only been to Colorado once. I love the mountains, especially in the summertime, and then pictures of Boulder online look absolutely gorgeous. This is very, very tempting. Tickets are going fast, so I need to make a decision soon. Anyone interested in joining me? If so, let me know ASAP! It would also be an adventure to go by myself. Should I take the plunge?

No comments: