Be more active - take yoga classes, ride my bike more, and swing dance again.– Yup, I was more active in 2010 than I had been in previous years! I took a couple of yoga classes, but didn’t stick with them, but I did bike pretty regularly during the summer, took swing dancing lessons, and consistently went swing or salsa dancing once or twice a month.
- Grow an herb garden that stays alive. – Fail. I attempted to grow herbs twice and they died both times. Then my RA thought I liked plants and gave me an orchid that also died within a month.
- Start an investment fund. – Uhh, this still needs to happen.
Propose my dissertation.– Yes! I totally did this and it was a great accomplishment! Get a new job.– Yup. Find a new roommate. (One of mine is graduating, I love both my roommates!)– Well, my new job includes a one bedroom apartment, so finding a roommate wasn’t necessary.
- Clean the catbox more often. Maybe I started doing this, but my cat continued to pee on the carpet, so this is probably a fail.
Have less boy drama. (I probably say that every year, which is why these are just things to do, not resolutions).– Hmm, depends on the definition of “drama.” If by drama, I meant not get super emotionally involved and heartbroken by some dude who’s just going to dump me, then I guess I kinda did this.
- Bake bread every now and then. – I made banana bread once over the summer. Does that count? It had peanut butter and chocolate chips and was really yummy!
Apply for internshipOR decide what to do and where to live in 2011. – Yes! I applied for internship, and had 11 interviews J Buy a used roadbike andride a marathon/race on it. – Got my Trek 2300, courtesy of Craigslist, but still haven’t ridden that marathon yet. Read more non-fiction, non-academic books than I did in 2009.– I at least started more non-fiction books than usual, so I’ll consider that a success.
- Complete the Celebration of Discipline by Foster with my church small group, and start to practice more of those disciplines. (I'm sure there some fodder for some good Lenten practices in there) – We read this book through April or May, but I never finished it. I fasted a couple of times and confessed my sins more often, so this was semi-successful.
- Take a daily photo. (check out my facebook account for the link to my flickr account, or comment and I'll email you the link) – I did this through March or April before I lost interest.
What about you? What did you do last year that you were proud of?