Sunday, January 14, 2007

it IS my job to wait by the phone

This evening, I received this email from one of the graduate programs I have applied to -

"I am writing on behalf of the admissions committee . . . We have begun the preliminary screening of applications and were pleased to see yours. We are just starting to make initial phone contacts with applicants and would like to talk briefly (approx. 20 min.) with you, to get to know you and answer any questions you may have about our program. Please let me know when would be good times to call you Monday (Jan. 15 th) through Wednesday (Jan. 17th). . . . After we're finished with this initial round of phone interviews, we will create a short list of applicants who will be invited to visit for an Open House get-together on Monday, February 12th."

Wow! This will be my first phone interview - possibly in two days! I'm so excited, because it's a program that I really love. I'm also nervous because I don't know what to expect. I emailed a couple of professors to ask for advice. I'm still floored just to get this email - imagine how I'd feel if I actually receive an acceptance letter? Wow. I already looked up flights and bus rates to go to the open house, which I'm sure is premature, but it's fun to think about anyway :)

Please keep me in your prayers these next few days. I will definitely be on my toes, awaiting that phone call . . .

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

that's so awesome, kelly! and i think it's safe to say you're not premature in looking for flights, etc. i mean, they were obviously really excited about your application... sounds like you've got a great shot!

i'll keep you in my prayers :)